New Female* Producer Prize announced
The Berlin based artists association Music Women* Germany announces the launch of its first FEMALE* PRODUCER PRIZE. Until April 18, female music producers* of all music genres can apply to become one of five awarded female music producers* in 2022, who will receive sustainable support for their work. The initiative is supported by Sony Music and its label Columbia.
With this call for applications, Music Women* Germany is targeting female music producers* who are on their way to professionalism and those who are already fully active as producers and want to get a career boost, the goal being to actively promote great female music producers*. Together with Sony Music, Ableton Live and Thomann, the association has developed a support package for the winners, consisting of production grants, vouchers for music equipment and a producer workshop within Sony Music Circle Studios. The winners* will also be added to Sony Music’s Female Producer Register, connecting them with its labels and artists.
The jury, composed of artists, songwriters and A&R managers, will select five finalists*. The only evaluation criteria are the quality of the productions and an individual musical signature. The jury members are:
- Jovanka v. Wilsdorf, Member of the Board of MW*G, Initiator of the DIANA AI Songcontest, Songwriter, and Co-/Producer
- Sarah Schneider, Head of A&R at Columbia
- KazOnDaBeat, international music producer and collaborator
- Charlie McClean (UK), music producer/composer/sound engineer and co-founder of sheWrites (All Female Writing Camps)
- Herbie Crichlow (GB), 4-time ASCAP award winner, 5-time Grammy winner, music producer and songwriter
The call for applications is online here and lasts until April 18.